Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What have I become???

At work the other day a friend and I were chatting about a particular difficult life situation and my work roommate started laughing! We both turned and she said "Oh, I haven't heard those words in years!" What words were we using??? Oh yes, we were using the dreaded "church" words! Words like grace, mercy and tenderness. Funny isn't it, how "those words" have become common in my language but to another they sound so foreign. I'll need to go back now and check with her of course to see if they hold a positive or negative memory for her. I remember words like those being a completely different language to me when I started my journey and now here they are sprinkled in my everyday language. When did that happen? And is it all good? I wonder, how does it make me sound to someone with a different belief system, or no faith at all? Am I building walls with my language?  Hmmm, something to ponder.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment