Monday, January 10, 2011

Unexpected relationships

Sunday  was our turn at the church's feeding ministry. This ministry has been going strong every Sunday for almost 20 years now. Our team has been together somewhere in the neighborhood of 13 years. So on the second Sunday we all head down to the church and attend to our jobs so that a good meal is ready to go for a variety of marginalized and homeless in the Olympia area. I have missed a couple of months, so I was a bit out of the groove and as with life, things changed. A most pleasant surprise were the smiles and welcomes I received from several of the guests. Warm welcoming smiles greeted me and stories about what has been happening in their lives. I got to see a new tattoo and hear about a miracle leg prosthetic. I was struck by the warmth and genuine pleasure they took in sharing their life with me.

Unexpected relationships. What a blessing.
K

1 comment: